The INPEX staff is excited to announce that INPEX 2016 will return to the Monroeville Convention Center in the city of Monroeville, just minutes from downtown Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania! Pittsburgh is a great city with something for everyone. While in town, be sure to check out everything it has to offer.
Located directly across the street from the Monroeville Convention Center. Perhaps one of the biggest attractions in the city, this mall was made famous by the zombie movie "Dawn of the Dead".
- The Wooden Nickel
At The Wooden Nickel, you can relax with a glass of wine and enjoy fresh seafood, hand rolled pasta, and finest cuts of prime beef in a relaxed setting.
- Crave Melt and Tap
Crave Melt and Tap offers a rustic pub atmosphere and serves upscale bar fare, specializing in gourmet grilled cheese.
- Primanti Brothers
As a Pittsburgh staple, Primanti Brothers has been making hungry folks happy since 1933. They offer a wide selection of signature sandwiches, as well as a top-notch selection of pizza, wings and snacks that'll put the pickiest eaters in a good mood.
- Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza
Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza offers guests a combination of top-quality ingredients, a simple, consistent menu, authentic, coal ovens and a staff that treats guests like “family.”
- Incline - Take a step back in time on a century-old cable car and see the best views of downtown Pittsburgh while riding one of the few remaining inclines in the country. Opened on May 20, 1877, the Duquesne Incline was rescued and restored by a group of local residents in 1963 and still delights residents and visitors with its original, elegant, wooden cable cars. Now you can visit the interior of the incline and watch the machinery while it operates. The Duquesne Incline's upper station houses a museum of Pittsburgh history, including photos and a storehouse of information on inclines from around the world. Unusual Pittsburgh souvenirs, maps and photos can be found at the gift shop.
- PNC Park - PNC Park, which opened in spring 2001, is an intimate, classic-style ballpark that embraces the progressiveness of Pittsburgh while saluting the spirit of early ballpark originals. Its prime location along the shore of the Allegheny River takes advantage of scenic vistas of the downtown skyline and riverfront, creating an exciting and dramatic urban sports venue. While in town for INPEX, take a trip to PNC Park to watch the Pittsburgh Pirates take on the New York Mets June 6th, 7th and 8th in one of America’s premiere ball fields. www.pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com.
- Station Square - Station Square is Pittsburgh's most popular tourist attraction. Pittsburghers would argue that the Square is the hippest place for dining, nightlife and entertainment in the burgh! No matter if you're an out-of-town guest or a local looking for a night out on the town, Station Square is the place you will want to be. Station Square's awesome centerpiece is the state-of-the art Fountain at Bessemer Court which features hundreds of multi-colored water jets soaring in the air as they dance to music. Take a sightseeing tour of the City of Pittsburgh with one of our many tour operators. Set sail aboard the Gateway Clipper Fleet as you cruise along the three rivers. Quack yourself up as you take a journey in a World War II amphibious vehicle on land and water with Just Ducky Tours. Or experience the wonder of futuristic transportation on a Segway in Paradise Tours. Plus you can head to the top of Mt. Washington on a historic cable car trek on either the Duquesne or Monongahela Inclines to take in the breathtaking views of city's skyline.
Downtown Pittsburgh Restaurants:
- Sienna Mercato - With three distinct dining options under one roof, Sienna Mercato brings a unique restaurant experience to Pittsburgh’s Cultural District. Italian with a twist, made fresh daily in their scratch kitchen.
- Ten Penny - Rustic whitewashed brick, handsome wrought iron, sturdy Acacia wood, and pops of color throughout add to the overall classic, yet modern atmosphere. Ten Penny works closely with area purveyors to ensure immediate access to fresh, high-quality produce, meat and fish.
- Seviche - Seviche is a Nuevo Latino bistro where you can feast on fresh, healthy tapas while sipping on island cocktails. Authentic Latin American recipes are fused with modern ingredients and international influences to provide a refreshing explosion of flavor.
- Nicky’s Thai Kitchen - Voted best Thai food in Pittsburgh, Nicky’s Thai Kitchen is steps away from the convention center and serves traditional Thai food both for dine-in and take-out.
Monroeville is only a short drive from downtown Pittsburgh! Visit www.visitpittsburgh.com for more information on events and attractions in and around Monroeville. Visit www.monroevilleconventioncenter.com for more information on the convention center.
Inventors, click here to request more info on exhibiting or Call: 1-888-54-INPEX (46739)