By Emily Moorhead
When you as a business attendee make the decision (or get the approval) to attend a trade show, you want to make sure that it is worth your time, effort, and money by getting valuable leads and creating new connections through networking. These hacks can help you take full advantage of all of the offerings at a trade show (and no, we don’t mean sneaking an extra cookie during an attendee lunch!)
- Discuss in-depth questions with exhibitors so you can determine who is a decision maker and ready to take action. A great place to start is asking exhibitors to identify your target market’s need for their product or service.
- Create social media posts out of pictures with signage, celebrities/industry stars, and likely leads. This is an easy way to create engaging content. Tag the exhibitors who are in the pictures (with their permission, of course!)
- Create a landing page for each specific show and incentivize potential leads to provide you with their information with the promise of a free e-book, white paper, or other similar offering.
- Check out pre-show exhibitor lists, if available, before the show so you can consider what booths you will want to visit. This will save you valuable time!
- Invite top prospects to lunch or dinner, preferably somewhere off the property of the trade show.
- Bring snacks (soft drinks, trail mix, baked goods) to pass out to exhibitors stuck at their booths.
- Offer a show-specific discount to create immediacy.
- Like an exhibitors Facebook page, tell them you have done so, and ask them to do the same for you.
- Attend all networking events available during the show and stay afterwards if you’re talking with people.
- Take short notes on the business cards of people you’ve met so you can remember them after the show.
- Write a goal/to-do list each morning before the show and revisit those goals each night before bed.
To make attending an expo worth your while, it’s obvious that you should attend all of the programming planned by the show staff. But, you can get even more value out of the show by using these 11 hacks to get your time and money’s worth out of attending expos.